For immediate release
Free News Alerts
For immediate release
April 24th, 2013
Press Release: Hossana - Jhpiego-Ethiopia in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), regional health bureaus and the Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMA) with funding from UNICEF will officially inaugurate a fully-equipped basic emergency obstetric and newborn care (BEmONC) training site on April 23, 2013 at the Nigist Eleni Mohammed Memorial Hospital in Hossana.
Ethiopian "Miracle Man" Sets World Record: 'Longest Distance Travelled in One Minute while Balanced on Crutches'April 18th, 2013
Tameru Zegeye—an Ethiopian athlete who grew up in the mountainous region of Welo—has attempted to set the World Record for the 'Longest Distance Travelled while balanced on Crutches' (Hands).
March 3rd, 2013
PRESS RELEASE - ET: As a testament to our commitment to safety and following US Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) airworthiness directives, we have taken steps to ground four of our 787 fleet from service on the very day of the FAA decision. We have not encountered the type of problems such as those experienced by the other operators. However, as an extra precaution, Ethiopian has decided to remove its four Dreamliners from operation starting from January 17, 2013.
January 16th, 2013
The British oil exploration firm, Tullow Oil Plc, has begun drilling a well, in the concession it has in South Omo, southern regional state. This came at the backdrop of seismic tests the company carried out for a year and half, on an area covering 18,000 square kilometre. The bloc where the drilling started – named after a rare bird in the area, Sabisa (literally translated to heron), – last week. It is the first well in Ethiopia for the British oil company. Petronas, a Malaysian oil giant, was the first to dig wells in the search for oil in Ethiopia, in Gambella Regional State. Oil was not found in any of the wells Petronas dug before its departure from Ethiopia a couple of years ago.
October 10th, 2012
The CBE has launched a scheme called ‘Contractual Saving for Housing ‘in order to address housing problem. Interested individuals meeting the eligibility criteria are expected to save at least 40% of the cost of the house in the CBE while the CBE finances the remaining 60%.
September 5th, 2012
በታላቁ መሪ ጓድ አቶ መለስ ዜናዊ የህሊና ፀሎት መደበኛ ስራውን የጀመረው ሥራ አስፈፃሚ ኮሚቴው የኢትዮጵያ ህዝብ ከጫፍ ጫፍ፣ ከህፃን እስከ አዋቂ ዜና እረፍቱን ካሰማበት ዕለት ጀምሮ መሪር ሀዘኑን በመግለፅና የተጀመረውን የህዳሴ ጉዞ በየተሰማራበት ለውጤታማነት በመትጋት ለማስቀጠል ያሳየውን ቁርጠኝነት በማድነቅ ምስጋናውን አቅርቧል፡፡ የታላቁ መሪ ህልፈት ለሀገራችን፣ ለአፍሪካና ለመላው ዓለም ተራማጅ ኃይሎችና ጭቁን ህዝቦች ከፍተኛ ጉዳት መሆኑንም አመልክቷል፡፡
August 21st, 2012
Ethiopian Prime Minister Meles Zenawi, a regional strongman in power for over two decades, has died in hospital abroad, the government said Tuesday.
July 25th, 2012
Spectrami in association with Actifio offers cash rewards for lead generation to the channel partners spread across the region
July 22nd, 2012
Comguard attains Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows Certified Partner Status
July 20th, 2012
የኢፌድሪ ጠቅላይ ሚኒስትር መለስ ዜናዊ በቅርቡ ባጋጠማቸው የጤና መታወክ በውጭ ሀገር ሕክምና በመከታተል መሆናቸውንና በአሁኑ ወቅት በመልካም ጤንነት ላይ እንደሚገኙ የመንግሥት ኮሙኒኬሽን ጉዳዮች ጽህፈት ቤት ኃላፊ ሚኒስትር አቶ በረከት ስምዖን ገለጹ፡፡ የመንግስት ኮሙዩኒኬሽን ጉዳዮች ጽህፈት ቤት ኃላፊ ሚኒስትር አቶ በረከት ስምዖን በወቅታዊ ጉዳዮች ላይ ዛሬ በጽህፈት ቤታቸው ለአገር ውስጥና ለውጭ አገር ጋዜጠኞች መግለጫ ሰጥተዋል፡፡
Become a Reporter?
Join Our Network, sign up!